Korean Americans Host National Advocacy and
Community Summit & Gala
Washington, D.C. – The Council of Korean Americans (CKA) is hosting over 400 Korean American leaders from across technology, law, politics, academia, business, industry, and the arts to celebrate achievements and chart the future of the community.
This year’s gala and summit, Making History: From Pioneers to Visionaries, honors the 120th anniversary of Korean immigration to the United States and the 70th anniversary of the U.S.-Korea alliance. The event will conclude with the national Gala, recognizing the achievements of Korean American leaders who exemplify a commitment to their country, community, and heritage.
- Congressional Reception on Capitol Hill with leading elected officials
- Presentations and discussions with leading executives
- Release of the second National Korean American Survey Report, entitled “The Multiple Faces of the National Korean American Community,” an in-depth analysis of data, demographics, and trends within the Korean American community
- 2023 Envision Gala and National Summit: “Making History: From Pioneers to Visionaries”
- Dates: October 26-28, 2023
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Website: https://ckagala.org/
- Press Registration: email@example.com
Quote from Abraham Kim, Ph.D., Executive Director, CKA
The Korean American community is coming together at an important inflection point in our history, as we commemorate the legacy of the first Korean immigrants to the United States and the deep relationship between the two countries. By bringing together hundreds of leaders from around the country, we can honor them and our community’s diverse stories, and celebrate the possibility represented by our present and future.
- Ashley Park – Tony, Grammy, and Critics Choice Nominated Actress
- Sunny Park – Chief Executive Officer, Great American Scholarship Foundation
- James Rhee – Owner & Author, Red Helicopter; Johnson Chair of Entrepreneurship, Howard University
- L. Song Richardson – President, Colorado College
- Tim Hwang, Chairman, Co-Founder & CEO, FiscalNote
- Jerry Kang, Distinguished Professor of Law & Distinguished Professor of Asian American Studies, UCLA School of Law
- Angela Killoren, President, US Scripted Division/ CJ ENM America
- Catherine Kim, Senior Vice President, Editorial, NBC
- Soo Kim, Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer, Standard General
- Yul Kwon, Vice President, Google
- Taeku Lee, Bae Family Professor of Government, Harvard University
- Debbie Leilani Shon, Chief Strategy Officer & Chief Legal Officer, USA Gymnastics
- Dug Song, Co-Founder & Funder, Song Foundation
# # #
The Council of Korean Americans is a national nonprofit organization. Our mission is to advance the national voice, interest, and influence of the Korean American community through education, collaboration, and leadership development.
Council of Korean Americans