Job Searching Strategies for COVID-19: A Student’s Guide
Date Published: May 14, 2020
If you are a college student or recent graduate that is anxious or struggling to secure jobs in the months following graduation, we have good news!
CKA is partnering with the Korean American Scholarship Foundation (KASF) to launch this webinar, “Job Searching in a COVID-19 World,” because we want to provide reassurance, inspiration, and connection. By the end of the summer, our aim is to help our young folks become more mentally resilient and prepared for the new world.
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, May 19 (7pm EDT, 4pm PDT). This webinar is a free and public event for all students. Please share widely! We want to provide key insights into the employment process, virtual interviews, and changes to how employers approach potential applicants in the wake of COVID-19. We will discuss changes to the job search experience, do’s and don’ts for this summer, and how we can stay on our toes to best prepare.
Featured Speakers include:
- Heidi Yu, Assistant Director, College of Letters & Science, UC Berkeley Career Center
- Eunjeong Lee, Executive Director, Korean American Scholarship Foundation
- Christine Kang, YP Committee Chair, Korean American Scholarship Foundation
We will cover:
- Changes to employment processes, interviews, and how employers are planning to approach potential applicants during COVID-19.
- Changes in the job search experience and insights into the virtual interview experience.
- To-Do List for the Summer (Resume, CV, LinkedIn, Networking).
- Don’t-Do List (How to manage anxiety and uncertainty during this time).
We will also announce upcoming opportunities, such as our:
- May 21 – CKA Emerging Leaders Summit
- Apply by June 30 – KASF Scholarship Application